I saw this idea on Pinterest of making PILLOW BOXES from the left over tube from TP rolls. Perfect! Always looking for a way to:
Use It Up
Wear It Out
Make It Do or
I have watched about five different videos to gather all the techniques I could - and I will share below the steps I found most useful.
* Supplies you might find useful include decorated paper & matching ribbon, scissors, 1/8" & 1/2" hole punches, a round object such as a lid and an embossing tool and a rubber stamp image for decoration.
* You will also need the TP roll itself and a bone folder. It doesn't matter if the tube is ugly, once we cover it with paper it won't matter.
* Flatten the roll with your hands and then, using a bone folder, really press the edges from both sides to make a nice crease.
* Turn the 1/2" punch upside down to gauge how far the edge of the roll is inserted and punch a half circle on one side in both ends. This will create a finger hole making it easy to open the box.
* Position your round object/ template to emboss the curved fold line of each end. Position it carefully to go corner to corner but allow for the width of your embossing tool. Emboss multiple times to get a really good crease on all four ends.
* With your fingers, gently push the ends in & stroke the embossed lines to reinforce the curvature of the box lids.
* Now you can choose the DP and measure out the size of the paper you want to use - either a Belly Band type or measured to the exact length of the roll. you can glue or use tape to connect it. I used tape applied to the tube itself and to all four edges of the paper. I applied the DP very carefully and cut off any that happened to overlap the tube.
* All three boxes were filled with individually wrapped hard candies. Other suggestions were gift certificates, jewelery or, if lined with wax paper, small bars of baked goods.
*I tied ribbon around the box to keep the lids closed.
* Three images were stamped, colored with Copics, and fussy cut to act as tags [here is where the 1/8" hole punch would be useful] or as decoration and hot glued over the ribbon. This image is "Santa's Star" from D.O.T.S. [I am pretty sure this company is out of business]
*These will make fun stocking stuffers, teachers gifts, party favors, gifts for co-workers, etc.
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG
Sisterhood of Crafters – Letter B [Boxes, Bows]
Crafting From the Heart -#157 – ATG Always
Shopping our Stash L:13 – SOS #301 – Back to Basics [Fussy Cut]
Crafty Sentiments – ATG
Penny's Challenge #327 – ATG
Fussy & Fancy #186 – ATG
Inspiration Destination #127 – ATG/Twist: Masculine
Crafty Girls Creations – #36 - ATG Always
Crafty Hazelnut's DP Challenge – Always ATG + DP
Create wildly and color with abandon!